- Snapchat has over 300 million active users
- Over 400 million snaps are sent every day
- Of those users, over 160 million are active daily.
- Snapchat reaches 41% of 18-34 year olds in the US every day
- 71 % of Snapchat users are under 35 years old
- The average snapchat user under 25 visits snapchat over 20 times per day
- Snapchat is the most used social network by those under 24.
- The average snapchat user spends 25-30 minutes on the platform every day
- 77 % of US college students use Snapchat daily. 71% of female college share selfies on Snapchat
- 54% of Snapchat users log in at least once per day
- On average 60% of Snap Ads are watched with the sound turned on
- Total spend on Snapchat ads is expected to grow to $767 billion by 2020
- A sponsored lens across the US can cost between $450,000 and $750,000 per day
- A Geo-filer ad delivered nationally will be seen by 40-60% of Snapchats daily users
Ever since its launch in 2011, Snapchat has been perceived as a standout amongst the most successful and fastest-growing applications available today. Having grown from 5 million daily users to over 150 million users in less than four years, the incredible potential of this platform, especially Snapchat advertising, has now been fully realized. Snapchat has spearheaded the fleeting style of narration which has, in turn, lead to monopolizing the share of time more than 191 million dynamic users spend on it daily. Snapchat has an exceedingly connected audience, viewing around 10 billion videos every day which is basically too enormous to overlook. However, using Snapchat for business is entirely different from using it personally and it can be intimidating to know where to start.
Snapchat for marketers is differentiated into three distinct options: Snapchat Ads, Sponsored Geofilters, and Lenses:
- Snap Ads: Snap Ads are generally full-screen vertical videos with a length of 10-seconds or less. These videos could be given a swipe up option by their brands so as to include articles, long-form videos etc. The videos of Snap Ads may or may not have sound, leaving the choice to the publisher.
- Sponsored Geofilters: A graphic overlay that the Snapchatters can place over their snaps is called Geofilters. Sponsored Geofilters provide users with a graphic put over, a visual, shareable way of marking a specific location, a major event or a branded campaign, to apply on their snaps and then share it with friends. On the other hand, On-demand Geofilters aids businesses and individuals who are ready to invest in Snapchat advertising for their brands.
- Sponsored Lenses: Snapchat, for instance, is famous for all those silly faces and playing with the Lenses’ effects. From rainbow barf to puppy dog ears, it has it all. Users prowling through Snapchat spend their time engaging with these interactive ads which show up alongside all the other Lenses in the menu, making it easier for users to share and post with it.
Diving into the future of Snapchat advertising, we can undoubtedly say that at this instance and near future Snap ads could bear witness to a significant development in business. The Superheroes at SuperX Growth Hackers are ever-ready to ensure that your company is delving into the universe of snaps, talks, business, and advertising at Snapchat in the right way at the right time, letting you gain the most out of it.